Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Note to a 'Legal Practitioner'





Below was sent to 'representing counsel' in a forwarded message of a promotional email from a 'business guru' (for lack of a better description).


"Not because she isn't good, though am about to unsubscribe from this list as I no longer wish to enter the legal field as a Masters' credentialed consultant, which isn't to say it won't happen.  My focus has been narrowed to only what brings the most satisfaction in terms of life quality and to minimize vicarious trauma.  At the same time, I will not turn my back on others in an effort to prevent for them what happened to our family.  This is to say I don't consider you directly at fault in any real way. 

The appellate decision (and what was witnessed during oral arguments) again had nothing to do with the practice of law as I learned it in paralegal school, at a time when such institutions were rarer and not an add on for more potential profits systemically. 

Perhaps something here will be of use, as we both approach an age when we begin to imagine what type of grandparent we wish to be, and if that doesn't happen, what our respective legacies are."

This chapter in our lives isn't finished.  I'm as "overwhelmed" as my child, in a very different way, though that is very directly related.  Cannot stop the baby steps, which is all I can manage anyway.





No comments: